Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Blood Test

Dear Jen,

Today we got the blood test results back. My doctor called and told me the test was positive for Down Syndrome. She seemed to linger on the phone and I felt as if I was consoling her. Ugh, this is the kind of reaction I dread! I think this made it more of a real possibility for Greg. He tends to wait for his emotions until he really needs to have them. We are still looking forward to this baby coming regardless but I feel this puts a weirdness on our anticipation. Do we tell people? If we don’t, would they be upset? Should we let them get used the idea just in case? Or wonder if she’s not? I hate to be over dramatic. One of my pet peeves!

Greg told me that at first June’s deafness bothered him and he was full of concern but now he looks at her and wouldn’t want her to be any other way. He knows we will feel the same about Baby #3!

Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment