Friday, July 20, 2012

Four, Three and Under

Jen: Hey, it's me. I'm supposed to be working so I can't talk long but I wanted to say hi.

Ann: Oh, hi. How are you?

Jen: Oh, fine. How are you? (Why did I ask? I mean, I do want to know, but I really should get to the point.)

Ann: Fine. We have a playdate this morning so we're just trying to get ready. What are you guys up to?

Jen: Not much. (pause) So...I'm pregnant.

Ann: (pause) What?! Really?

Jen: Yes.

Ann: Wow! Are you happy? I mean, I'm so excited for you, but how do you feel?

Jen: A little crazy for doing it when the kids are so young, but we figured it was now or never. We never imagined we'd even be able to have this many kids so it's crazy to even grasp, but we are happy.


Can't wait to meet you, Baby Matteson. Lord willing, see you in January.


1 comment: