Friday, June 8, 2012

One Day, Two Families

 Ann,

Thanks for all the great pictures from our families' day together in Frankenmuth!

I'd called the city offices to ask about a recommended park, and they suggested Memorial Park and then Kid's Kingdom, a school playground behind the park. I think both turned out to be great suggestions.

Love the picture of our Brady Bunch families:

Eherts: June (2.5), Catina (5.5) and Ada (5 months)
Mattesons: Everett (2.5), Hayden (15 months) and Levi (2.5)
  
There was plenty to do and the kids had a blast running around, playing on the playground and flying kites.










One of my favorite moments of the day was Everett sneaking over to talk with Ada and touch her head. Since he's never held a baby or shown any interest, I was so surprised when he wanted to hold her!


Thank you for bringing lunch AND a grill to cook it on!




It was really special to see our kids connecting and playing together, and I loved watching Catina treat the boys like her buddies.




I think all of our kids were asleep before we left the playground parking lot!

  


Thanks again for a great day and I'm so thankful to be able to have time together as families.

Jen

______________________

Jen,

It was a great day with perfect weather! We flew our kite in the back yard for a few days after that. Too bad we couldn't take naps on the way home!

Ann

2 comments:

  1. Aww...I love the pic of all the kids, where Everett has his hand on Ada's shoulder. It kills me when little kids (especially boys) have a soft spot for babies. I can't wait to show this post to Stella. She'll love seeing a whole bunch of friends...real-life ones and online ones! :)

    ReplyDelete